Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Painting Portraiture : Capturing the Likeness of a Person


I paint portraiture on a white, untoned canvas, simply because I like to see fresh, true colors of paint. My goal is to capture the character of my subject in the simplest, most direct fashion possible. I paint what I see, but at the same time injecting my personality.
I’m particularly interested in capturing the essence and the likeness of a person from the way they hold themselves in space.

My Inspiration:

My source of inspiration comes from events which I experience, or perhaps a place I have been to, or sometimes someone I meet.
I always have a book with me to scribble down notes and do quick sketches when I travel. Back in the studio I work with the color (acrylic, watercolor), then I decide witch design I going to do.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home